We Are Green
Appalachian Hardwood Manufacturers, Inc. has six offerings for members who are seeking “green” documentation for their Appalachian hardwood products.
- Appalachian Hardwood Verified Sustainable certificates
- US Green Building Council LEED 5.1 & 5.2 requirement certificates
- Pre-Audit Services for FSC, PEFC & SFI certification
- FSC Group Certification for forestland and chain of custody
- SFI forestland and chain of custody certification cost-savings plan
- Audit Services for FSC, PEFC, SFI & American Tree Farm System
FSC, SFI and PEFC Certification
AHMI has partnerships with certification agencies to provide access to Forest Stewardship Council Group Certification to AHMI members. The two companies currently hold group certificates with participants across the eastern U.S Approval for the group program could be completed in less than 30 days. If you have questions, please contact the AHMI office at 336-885-8315. AHMI began offering pre-audit services from a contractor in 2008 for members seeking Sustainable Forestry Initiative, Forest Stewardship Council or Program for Endorsement of Forest Certification approval. SFI discounted its fees for AHMI members. The association also developed a relationship with NSF to provide auditing for all of the schemes at a discounted rate for AHMI members. The Appalachian Hardwood Verified Sustainable program offers certificates and letters verifying the resource is from the sustainable Appalachian Hardwood forest.